Monday, December 6, 2010

Not just a thrift store....fashion with a point

Wanna guess how I spent my Saturday?? Sleeping, traveling, shopping....not quite. I spent half a day in a boutique style thrift store. Now I know what you are thinking, thrift...second hand...somebody else's? But this has turned out to be my number 1 stop to find jewelry and clothing that no one else has. I am a trend setter, not a follower, so this is heaven for me! 






During the half day I spent there, I learned what Shoppe 3130 was all about. It is actually a ministry that want to break the cycle of poverty starting with women. The offer a job readiness program for women, and upon completion, the women get a chance to go in the shoppe and pick 5 outfits to get out into the world and get a job. How cool is that? 


So I took some time and put some samples together...and keep in mind that all these outfits are under $10!!!!
































Clearly, the possibilities are unlimited. Don't just consider a thrift shop just to be a junk store. There are lots of good signature pieces that you can find and combine with other things. That's as good as it gets...fashion with a point!


-Candydee321

No comments:

Post a Comment